Any questions please email Asstistant Principal Justin Hendrickson firstname.lastname@example.org
South Shore School Supply List!
Please note that needed supplies will be available for all students for their learning success.
If your child would benefit from a "back to school" toolkit (backpack and supplies), please contact our Family Support Worker, Acquinetta Williams, 252.7600.
Items that all classrooms always need: tissue, hand sanitizer, and light, healthy snacks* (please note, South Shore is a sugar and peanut free school)
It is with great sadness that I share the passing of Mr. Nguon Chhorn, beloved Bright Spirit at South Shore PreK-8. Mr. Chhorn retired in the Spring of 2014 after more than a decade of supporting our youngest Sea Dragons in PreK and K. He was one of the original members of South Shore's instructional team, at the birth of South Shore with Gary Tubbs. Mr. Chhorn witnessed the growth and development of so many South Shore students who he knew as preschoolers and as young adults. He was recently showered with thanks by the promoted 8th grade class of 2013, who celebrated his love, care and support at the Gratitude Assembly.
Additional information will be provided when released by Mr. Chhorn's loving family.
He lives in the hearts of so many children and adults.
Mr. Nguon Chhorn - Bright Spirit. Magnificent Journey.
Southeast Seattle represented at Harvard Graduate School Family Engagement Institute!
Seattle Administrators working togther (former and current South Shore leaders!) working toward and committing to strengthening school & family partnerships in Rainier Valley. Stay tuned for some dynamic family/school engagement opportunities between South Shore PreK-8 and Rainier Beach High School this year!
South Shore School Hours Will Change
2014-2015 School Year
- Kindergarten Jump Start: August 18 - 22 (8:30am - 12pm)
- PreK Home Visits: Your PreK teacher will begin contacting you in mid-August.
- Bridge to Sixth Grade: August 28 (5:30-7:30pm). Join us for Pizza and Orientation, for 6th grade families and their 6th grade students. More information coming.
- Family Orientation and School Tour (for new and bilingual families): Saturday, August 30 from 10-12. This is for new and bilingual families only. More information coming.
- First Day of School for First through Eighth grade: Wednesday, September 3
- First Day for Kindergarten: Monday, September 8
- First Full Day for PreK – Wednesday, September 10 – first full day for all PreK students (Sept. 8, 9am-12pm for last names from A-M), Sept. 9, 9am-12pm for last names ending N-Z)
- Back to School Celebration: Friday, September 5 (5:30pm-7:30pm). More information to follow.
Calling All South Shore Dads!
WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students)
Click the picture for more information about the
Watch D.O.G.S. Program
Watch the fantastic story about WATCH D.O.G.S. from Matt Lauer and the TODAY Show, 2/11/13, featuring the great WatchDOGS of Martinsburg, WV. And thanks to all the dads and everyone involved in the program who are helping to make it a success!
Click - Watch the video from the TODAY Show
Getting to Know the Mood Meter
Have your children come home talking about a Green Day or maybe a Red moment they had at recess?
South Shore PK-8 uses the RULER Program, a curriculum designed to help build our students socioemotional well-being. If you would like to become more familiar with the Mood Meter, a visual tool to help students track their socioemotional wellbeing throughout the day, click on the link below.
The Measurement of Academic Progress (MAP) is one assessment that the district uses to assess the students of Seattle Public Schools. At South Shore PK-8 this test is done in all grades twice a year. We have included a link to help you better understand the MAP
September 27, 2013 | Contact: South Shore 206-252-7600