South Shore Will Shift to Remote Learning for Students January 13-21
Posted: | Updated:
Dear South Shore PK-8 community,
Due to confirmed COVID-19 in our school community and increased student and staff absences, our school will be moving to remote instruction beginning Thursday, January 13.
We expect to be in remote instruction for six school days, so our first day back to in-person instruction is expected to be Monday, January 24. (As a reminder, there is no school on Monday, January 17, in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.)
While we know this may be challenging, keeping your student at home is an essential mitigating factor to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for your continued partnership.
- Your student will receive live remote instruction through Microsoft Teams.
- If you have questions about your student’s learning, please communicate directly with their teachers. Classroom teachers are expected to respond to all parent/guardian and student questions within two business days when possible.
- If your child has an IEP or 504, please consult with your IEP case manager or 504 coordinator for additional supports or accommodations during this time.
- For meals, grab-and-go lunches will be available for pick up at the school from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Tech Support Team
If your child is unable to log on or needs assistance, please call the tech support team Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., 206-252-0100. You can also email tech support: email@example.com.
SPS Web Resources
The Technology Supports for families webpage includes quick links for login, videos for getting students started on a district device, and frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Seesaw and Schoology.
Accessing Schoology from home
- To log onto the student laptop, enter the student’s SPS username and password.
- Open a browser such as Chrome or Firefox and go to go to Schoology
- If you are logged in to your SPS laptop, your Schoology homepage will open automatically.
- If you are on a personal computer, you will be prompted to enter your SPS email and password.
Watch video instructions on Getting Started with Schoology. The video may begin with an ad that you can skip.
Meeting links for live instruction
Microsoft Teams meeting links will be shared by teachers. Please check with your student’s teacher if you are not sure where to find meeting links. Teams links might be posted in the following locations:
- Student’s Schoology landing page or course page.
- Student or parent email.
- Teams calendar.
All teachers have posted their Teams meeting links on their Schoology pages. Please check with your student’s teacher if you are not sure where to find meeting links.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.